Monday 5 August 2019

Austrian Artillery for Austerlitz and beyond WIP

Austrian artillerists in position complete with their cannon.  Gorgeous figures from Elite Miniatures

Just a quick post today to show the start of a couple of batteries of Austrian artillery for my 1805-07 project.  As you can see it is very much a work in progress however it should all be complete by Friday night with a bit of luck and dedication.

As you can observe, I am once again using the "John Ray style" bases for my artillery and mounting them two to a base.  This will be the case with all of my 1805-07 collection for uniformity and aesthetics as well as the size and scope to make the bases more dynamic.


Trying to get the positioning correct is vital with these figures as they are not the most animated.

Elite Miniatures gun models have a look about them that just scream out " I do truly want to hurt the formations we fire upon!  A couple of different paint styles here to see which I prefer.
I now need to add some tufts of "front door mat" grass, sand, paint, dry brush and some flock to finish.  I will also, as I always do these days, add a coat of gloss varnish to protect the figures followed by a healthy spray of Dulcote.

Some more completed shots over the coming week.

12 comments:

  1. Like those a lot. Takes a little getting used to seeing the irregular bases but interested to see how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its funny MG as people either love tehm or hate them, very little in-between. If you look at a few other posts for my 1805 Russian and French artillery in the sidebar you will see how they look at the end. I think they look tremendous.

      Delete
  2. Great models uniquely based, likewise I'd like to see these finshed.
    Intriguing...
    Best wishes,
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeremy. Have a look at my Russian and French 1805 batteries to see what they should hopefully look like at the end.

      Delete
  3. Okay, now I need to go back and discover the origin of these bases ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me too. Cutting those irregular shapes seems a nightmare to me.

      Delete
    2. Hi FMB and Jonathon. I had these bases made for me by Micheal Parker at Battlefield Accessories in Melbourne. Great bloke and teh dimensions were given to me by John Ray of the "A Military Gentlemen".

      Delete
  4. Nice work Carlo I love the way you are going to base the figures it looks great.

    Regards

    Nathan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Nathan. Greatly appreciated as always mate.

      Delete