Thursday 8 August 2019

Napoleonic Austrian artillery - nearly there!

Nearly there with some tufts to add, ammunition crates and barrels and other paraphernalia

A few tufts of grass and a few "wet" looking muddy spots needed still

The gloss varnish is on the figures for overall protection.  I do love the look I have to confess but will still give them a spray of Dulcote to matt them down.

Some 1805-07 Russian command stands being re-mounted

Not long to go now folks.  Just a few more odd and ends to finish off in terms of tufts and Dulcote and other paraphernalia and all will be complete.  Its been a great deal of fun putting these together.

As you can also see, I have gone though some battalions of my early Russians to change over some heavy cavalry horses that had made their way onto the bases as Colonels mounts.  They have been replaced with the smaller and more appropriate models.  It also gave me a chance to touch up the colonel figures and add a little aristocratic feel to them.

Until next time.

14 comments:

  1. Lovely work and those irregular-shaped bases work very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lawrence. I think they look more "chaotic" and suiting the action around firing and reloading a battery in action thats for sure.

      Delete
  2. They look great. I've always shied away from folks in brown uniforms, but you've certainly made me change my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its funny Dean as the Austrian army often gets a bad rap for being a boring army uniform wise however the colourful units within are quite spectacular. Even brown can look good on teh right uniform thats for sure.

      Delete
  3. It is wonderful! Carlo, such a base enlivens very miniatures and a game table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Dmitry. I have been very much enjoying your last posts as well with your wonderful Russian Cavalry.

      Delete
  4. I'm enjoying following your progress Carlo. Partly as a substitute for my own lack of progress!! Sob! 8O)

    Salute
    von Peter himself

    ReplyDelete