Monday 7 October 2019

American Civil War Confederates

The lads are on the move trying to skedaddle those 'Blue belly's"
 
Just a couple of quick shots of an an army that's been sitting dormant for far too long.  Though we originally had plans to use Regimental Fire and Fury for these, we now think we may give Black Powder a run to see how it plays for the period.

A mix of Dixon, Foundry and Perry in these formations

I do enjoy the Dixon range and I know some people dislike them.  for me the range, variation and fullness of their ACW range is unsurpassed
Always love a battery of rebel guns!

Really need to get the boys moving on having a game as we collectively have a LARGE number of painted and based figures.

18 comments:

  1. Great looking Rebs, impressive pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great collection, and it would be a travesty not to put them into battle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more Lawrence. The figures are too good to stay in their box.

      Delete
  3. Go for it, this period is growing on me...
    Best wishes,
    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JJ. Napoleonic's will always be my first a greatest wargaming passion however the battles in this period do play out very well with the right set of rules.

      Delete
  4. Since you play GdA, I am surprised you are not trying Pickett's Charge for ACW. Nice collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did in the early days however for some reason we went back to Brigade F&F and then Regimental.

      Delete
  5. Stop tempting me with ACW in 28mm! I’m very happy with my puny 15mm ACW collection! I don’t need the sexy 28s, no matter how beautiful they are...😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its all your fault I got these out to post Stew as I very much enjoy your ACW reports mate. Always a great read and the terrain and effort you put in are a joy to look at.

      Delete
  6. Lovely looking bunch of rebel's!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Iain. They do look good en masse thats for sure.

      Delete
  7. Lovely figures Carlo. Dixon have such character and are tempting as are so many other 28mm ACW ranges - but I think I'll stick to my 15s. As noted by John above my vote also goes to Pickett's Charge as a set of rules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Kerry. I had a large 15mm ACW army many years ago but moved them on with much regret in later times. I do have Pickets Charge on the shelves so I may have to get them back out and have a re-read.

      Delete
  8. They look great in a ragged Reb sort of way. One might also consider Field of Battle for this era.

    ReplyDelete