Sunday 3 May 2020

Austrian Hussars on the workbench

Only some basic washing and highlights to go now for this regiment - excellent. Then basing of course!
Just a quick post today to highlight a regiment which I’ve been working on for a couple of weeks. Elite Miniatures as part of the 1805-07 project though this uniform could be used for the entirety of the Napoleonic wars.  This has been a pleasure to paint and really highlights the sculpting skills of Peter Moreby at Elite UK. Thankfully I had some spare horses from an old regiment that I’ve reduced in size - I hate painting horses though the oils method I’ve employed lately is much better.

Nothing will make you work harder for a result than Hussars of any nation in this period however the end result is always a pleasure.  Though my painting is not as good as many of the various artists who’ve been commissioned over the years for the collection, I’m happy with these lads.

As always the figures were supplied by friend Nathan at Elite Miniatures Australia. No better service available from wargaming suppliers than good old Nath.


8 comments:

  1. Greetings Carlo

    Ah hussars. The pleasure and the pain. Fortunately there are only 24 of them. Ah-ha-ha! 8O)

    They're looking good and even better they are near completion.

    Salute
    von Peter himself

    https://vonpeterhimself.wordpress.com
    http://vonpeterhimself.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolute pleasure and pain Peter. All worthwhile in the end though. Loved those new photos you took of the Bavarian's by the way however I have had issues with my tablet which prevents me from commenting on peoples pages as it does not recognize my log on or some silliness! Can you imagine the old days of painting 40 figure Hussar Regiments - oh the agony!

      Delete
  2. Lovely work Carlo they certainly look great in mass. Thank you also for mentioning Elite Miniatures Australia.

    Regards

    Nathan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nathan and its always my pleasure.

      Delete
  3. Hussars are always worth the effort. Or so I’ve been told bc I’ve not painted Naps. Though I know it’s always worth it to have all the troops on the table painted. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly are Stew. Always look great on the table.

      Delete
  4. They are looking great. Thank goodness my own Napoleonic cavalry units are only 8 figures, though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often think its a boon to have smaller units mate.

      Delete