Friday 5 November 2021

GdA - The village garrison and experimenting with battalion guns

The stream is lined by several Prussian Musketeer and Fusilier battalions

The initial dispositions for the Prussians will allow them to garrison the hamlet either side of the stream as well as up to the northern stream banks.  As you can see that is exactly what the Prussians have decided to do.

Saxon Musketeers and battalion gun from the brush of the very clever John D

The view  from the hamlet 

The garrison looks to provide the French with a stumbling obstacle

The Prussian lines in the centre of their position

Prussian Fusiliers with jagers skirmishing to their front along the streams banks 

Love the Hovels buildings and they remind me so much of the superb photos of 
Peter Morebys collection photographed in the early Wargames Illustrated 

Prussian Musketeer battalion and regimental artillery from the brush of the very
talented Mr Mark Allen who also did those wonderful flags.

The view from the Prussian lines

For the very good General D’Armee rules Dave Brown has allowances in the Optional section for early armies to have regimental or battalion guns. I’m allowing the Prussian-Saxon force to have two just yo see how they go.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely toys indeed Carlo…
    I do like the look of the early Napoleonic Prussian,Saxon and French uniforms… my butterfly has had me looking at the Elite Miniatures website… again 😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha - sorry Aly however I’d be very pleased to see your work on Elite Miniatures, particularly their early ranges. Thanks for your kind wishes and comments

      Delete
  2. Some great looking figures and photos Carlo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Ray. It’s always nice to get them out that’s for sure.

      Delete
  3. Very nice pictures of some fine miniatures in action. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Carlo

    The build up to the game is going wonderfully well with yet more wonderful promotional photos. Please do be careful with those Prussians! 🤣

    Salute
    von Peter himself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ll absolutely try my best Peter however I cannot guarantee my command structure will survive the initial French crush! Let’s see what happens.

      Delete
  5. These are so nice Carlo that I'm really jealous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kerry that then equals my green eyed envy every time I see your collection on display mate.

      Delete