Saturday 18 October 2014

Wanted - Gripping Beast Antigonus figure please.



Reward on offer for this man.  One eye general of note who may be quite old and hence
easy to apprehend.  Do watch his sword though!!


I was hoping that the power of the bloggersphere may be able to assist me here.

I have been chasing this particular Gripping Beast limited edition figure for some time and was hoping that someone may have a couple spare that they would be willing to sell me.

Here's hoping!


Jeffs latest work - good guy to wargame against as well!

This search was resumed as a result of the catalyst of friend and club member Jeff Champion having his fourth book published by Pen and Sword recently.  This one is on the old fox Antigonus the One eyed, some say the greatest of the Successor Generals who fought for Alexanders empire and beyond in what is a most fascinating period of ancient history.

The book is available now through Amazon, Book Depository etc. and from what I have read so far, it is a wonderful depiction of a most amazing character.

8 comments:

  1. I have the book but I am sorry Carlo not the figure. However I would prefer the mounted version....I think he was killed unhorsed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nathan. Thought you would already have it mate. Love Jeffs writing style and his works are very well regarded. As mentioned he does live his wargaming as well. Did they make a mounted version?

      Delete
  2. Ah, can't help you out, but this is a great figure. I recall seeing it on Jeff Jonas' site a while back. He is a favorite general of mine too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Dean. Yes Jeff was approached by the lads at GB I think to help in the design and the artwork etc. on the site is wonderful. Do yourself the proverbial favour and chase down Jeffs book as well if you like the general. I have always admired him and Eumenes.

      Delete
  3. I might possibly have a spare one Carlo- I'll have a look when I get a chance. I recall getting at least one at the Salute when he was launched.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be sensational Simon. Might need to talk about some Steve Saleh legionnaires I have over here...or were they Auxilia? Gathering dust on the shelves!

      Delete
  4. Indeed they did Carlo as I remember they came out as set.....I think

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love to get my hands on that pair mate!

    ReplyDelete