Sunday 10 December 2017

More GdA items on the workbench

A lovely assortment of Wargames Foundry Austrian casualty figures take centre stage on the board.
Following on from a fairly productive few weeks I thought I would take advantage of the Perth heat t bang out a few more French ADC's as well as some more casualty dials from Warbases for some of the other armies in the collection.


A bit of a selection here awaiting some brown paint and synthetic grass.

Some very nice Front Rank casualty figures as well as some older style Old Glory Early French


I am also now getting close to having enough French ADC's though I would love to have a dozen if truth be told to handle and accommodate some larger battles.


As is my want, I do tend to have differing figures for different periods whenever possible.  Those who have been following this blog for a while will know of my affection for Elite Miniatures figures for the Peninsular and the period 1805-07, the so called "Glory Years".


Perry Miniatures lovely ADC's ready for the post 1812 games.

...and from a different angle.


I do also have a large collection of 1815 figures for both sides and like to use the similar style figures whenever possible.  As the vast majority of my collection for this period is in fact Perry Miniatures, I have a few lovely Perry figures to complement this particular force with a few Wargames Foundry figures sent in for good measure where it best suits.




12 comments:

  1. First class accessories for the rules, Carlo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Peter. I have to confess to very much enjoying getting a lot of the extras on the table and finished. Feel like I'm actually progressing with the backlog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dials and casualties are lovely and decorative, mine will have to wait until I can field more units for the napoleonic period, great Italian wars on the other hand I'm tempted to do them, delightful ADC'S Perrys are great and very nicely painted.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for that Iain. Those Perry ADC's are such a wonderful sculpt. Love Italian Wars!

      Delete
  4. Great last couple of post on gearing up for GdA! I confess that I haven’t done much with Pickett’s Charge (the ACW version of GdA) because of my lack of casualty markers and ADCs. But you’re effort is really paying off well! These figures will really enhance your gameplay. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stew. I believe that the markers and all the other wargaming counters etc. that you can make into small vignette style counters adds so much to the game and the ease of casualty administration etc. so I am sure your Picketts Charge games would benefit from them that's for sure.

      Delete
  5. The sleepy and ill fellows are looking great Carlo.

    And a Merry Christmas to you and yours. You may be feeling sleepy after the Christmas eatfest ... but hopefully not ill!! 8O)

    Salute
    von Peter himself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas and the very best of wishes to you and yours Peter. I intend to be “sleepy” on Christmas night that’s for sure!

      Delete
  6. Excellent idea, missed these before but they look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark - when you get to my age you need as many playing aides as you can get your hands on ;^)

      Delete
  7. Nice work Carlo. Good to see your back into it to make up for not coming to Cancon yet again this year.............soft

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colin - not soft mate, just waiting to make my return from Elba!

      Delete