Sunday 18 March 2018

Langerons II Column is starting to come along

A quick photo of the lads on the shelf - starting to look like a brigade


Well the re-basing, adjusting of collar and cuff colours as well as the correct shoulder straps continues with the Russians of Lieutenant General Langerons II Column at Austerlitz.  The 2nd Brigade under Major-General Kamensky I can be seen represented by the three battalions of the Fanagoria Grenadier Regiment on the right and the Ryazan Musketeer Regiment in the centre.  Next to them on the left is the Perm Musketeer Regiment from the 1st Brigade of Major-General Olsuvev.


The Viborg Musketeer Regiment is already completed and simply awaiting some varnishing as are the 8th Jaeger Regiment leaving just the Kursk Musketeer Regiment to be completed to represent all the infantry components of this important force.  Of the latter I need to base the second battalion and then paint the Grenadier battalion ( in shako and plume not mitre cap this time). 


I also have used GMB Flags with the majority of units and still have some Mark Allen specials awaiting the correct regiments.  In time.


The column also has two squadrons of the Saint Petersburg Dragoons, a single squadron of the Isayev Cossacks, of which I need to research a bit more about to see if they did have a distinct "look" in terms of uniformed dress, and then two large batteries of guns and one six gun battery.  A few Pioneers thrown in will complete them.


Not long now.

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks very much Dean. A few more to come.

      Delete
  2. Carlo,

    Looking Good.
    Regards
    John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John and thanks for popping past. I have been following your action in Franconia very closely and still never cease to be amazed by your stunning collection.

      Delete
  3. Starting to look like a brigade indeed! Looks smart!

    I’ve used GMB flags and like them very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stew. The GMB Flags are superb however I was fortunate that I had commissionmed Mark Allen to mpaint up anfew other flags for me including the three for the Fanagoria Regiment. He has painted them on metal and they look a treat!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you very much Paul and btw, I feel your Rugby pain in recent weeks, although as an Australian, i have been feeling it for a few more years than you lately! Even worse, as a Western Australian, I lost my Super Rugby team this year in the Force and just cant bring myself to watch the Reds, Brumbies, Waratahs and especially the Rebels this season.

      Delete
  5. A lot of troops and a lot of flags, really looks the part . Along with your heavy cavalry division in your last post, your 28mm Napoleonic games are going to look very impressive.
    Cheers,
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Pat. I have a nice array of figures awaiting some paint as soon as I get back from O/S as I am very keen to finish the column and move onto some more Russian 1805 artillery basing.

      Delete
  6. Great looking troops. Yep GMB flags on my peninsular British too.

    Tony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldnt agree more Anthony, those beautiful Portugese and British GMB flags are especially good. Have you seen the excellent Spanish ones?

      Delete
  7. A beautiful sight indeed, Carlo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Peter. It is ecrtainly keeping me enthused.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful flags on a wonderful army...what a great collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Phil. I am very happy with how the collection is growing.

      Delete
  9. Great to see this progressing Carlo - there's a great GdeB series of scenarios on Austerlitz - I played them a few years ago
    How much longer before you get there?
    Commiserations on the demise of the Western Force, do you think you'll ever get over for a Bledisloe match?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kerry and thanks for visiting. Yes I am really working towards playing those linked scenarios with my forces and I would imagine three months I will be ready to rumble. I would love to see a Bledisloe Cup match in NZ and was spoilt when I lived in Sydney in the early 2000’s of getting to a game every year at Homebush. These days we get the Springboks and Argentina on occasion in Perth but it may change with our brand new state of the art stadium.

      Delete