Monday 9 April 2018

General Craufurd from Front Rank

"Black Bob" Craufurd signals the general advance of his division!


I was pottering around some old photographs, or should I say digital images, and came across this shot of a command stand I put together some years ago that had not been used.  I quite like how the sun hits the entire scene and highlights the painting and quality of these excellent sculpts. 


These figures are predominantly Front Rank however the chap from the 43rd is a wonderful Elite Miniatures officer and the hounds are from Eureka Miniatures.  The background building is in fact La Belle Alliance from the excellent and under-rated Hovels range.  If you haven't visited their site make sure you do as the buildings and terrain are remarkably great value for money even if, like me, you need to have them shipped to the antipodes!  As an added bonus both Dennis and Carol are a delight to deal with and to me, that always is the clincher!

13 comments:

  1. A great looking command vignette, and I concur with you fully about the Hovels line of buildings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hovels range is just such good value for money Peter and it has a substance about it that MDF simply doesn't. Don't get me wrong as I do own quite a few Wild West buildings from 4Ground which are superb but the Hovels range is sensational.

      Delete
    2. Oh...and thanks once again for you kind and positive comments Peter. Greatly appreciated.

      Delete
  2. A great photo and a splendid vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely looking command vignette, beautifully lit!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That lovely morning Australian sun Iain is very difficult to beat!

      Delete
  4. Nice grouping of figures Carlo. Whose the chap in the white French style uniform? Excuse my ignorance!I too believe strongly in hovel buildings. I now have all the Waterloo collection at 25mm including la Haye Sainte, Hougoumont, papelotte and La Belle Alliance. In fact I thoroughly enjoyed painting them which is an excellent experience as they are so well sculpted particularly due to the fact that dry brusing is extensively used. Congrats on a lovely group of figures in this case Carlo! Do you still have them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting once again Kevin and your kind comments. That particular figure is a Spanish ADC from the Front Rank range. Lovely figure indeed. I very much enjoy your mini-blog on Chris Greggs wonderful site and the posts on how you painted up Hougoumont etc. are especially useful. Have you included one on Papelotte as at present I have had a sudden memory fade. I am just about to order one of those myself BTW. I absolutely still have these figures and they will be making a big comeback once I finish the 1805-07 project which in my thoughts, must be only six months away. Then its back to the Peninsular for a good beat of project work.

      Delete
  5. Looks like a grad party going on that base. Imagine the topic of conversation. Pretty picture. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly are very colourful Stew that’s for sure. Thanks for your always positive comments mate.

      Delete