Friday 14 May 2021

An interesting find in some old EEL magazines

I’ve always enjoyed the various incarnations of this magazine 

I’ve been looking through some old wargaming magazines (remember those folks?) looking for more writings and potential scenarios as I continue my long lasting love of the Napoleonic period.  I had the good fortune of reading some great articles in Empires, Eagles and Lions and then came across one of my favourite sections - “Friday Night at the Fights”.


I swear I’m going to commission an Austrian command stand in sheets
 one day “The White Menace” indeed!


For those who remember the magazine it was the cartoonish recollections of the previous battle fought by the New Jersey Wargamers, and was a hoot to read.  Well this particular issue had the origins of the cartoon.  Very interesting reading.



6 comments:

  1. Yes, a lot of fun to read, several ideas stolen and still lurking in my repertoire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heaps of ideas stolen from this end as well. Very enjoyable reads even after all these years.

      Delete
  2. Great magazines Carlo...

    I have a few of them lurking in the library... of course now I want to go and read through them again 😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its amazing how the style of literal cut and paste by hand still has an Old School appeal after all these years Aly. Very good to reminisce still.

      Delete
  3. Yep,"Friday Night at the Fights" was a favorite. I have a lot of issues, but they predate the color covered ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are still a great read for me these days Peter and some great articles.

      Delete