Tuesday 19 June 2018

Still keeping busy let me assure you


Still a little bit of work to complete but these Elite Miniatures Grenzers are looking the part


Not as many posts this month as June has been quite hectic on all fronts.


The main push in recent weeks has been completing some terrain pieces that will fit into the grid boxes of my "To the Strongest" table cloth as I have grown tired of using bits and pieces of other items at the club to represent differing styles of ground etc.


All designed to represent rough ground

My interpretation of a pond/marsh


My interpretation of a marsh/pond...like what I did there?



My interpretation of,,,well,,.you get the idea!.



Trees on single bases simply to break up the inevitable plain ground.  They
are not restrictive on movement or line of sight but simply placed
for aesthetic purposes




In addition I have been starting some preliminary work on the Austrians for 1805 and trying to finish a few more skirmish bases and command stands.










I had never seen the casualty packs for the Elite Miniatures Grenzers before - very nice.
















12 comments:

  1. Creative and great job on the terrain pieces...and beautiful figures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Phil as your comments and visits are always greatly appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Nice grenzers, I'm also working on terrain pieces,yours have turned out really well!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Iain - they are lovely sculpts and do paint up so easily. I’m using Alys Brown Liquid to help with a wash these days which seems to be really helping.

      Delete
  3. Carlo I love the work done on the trees - are they home made?
    Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Richard, purchased many years ago from a hobby shop in Castle Hill over a number of months and lying in storage for ages.

      Delete
  4. Nice terrain pieces. Terrain making is a good chance to flex some creative muscles, and usually gets shaped by what rules we’re using them for.
    I did like what you did there. 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very Stew and I always can rely on you to tickle my lame efforts at humour...many thanks indeed!

      Delete
  5. It all looks very nice....and your ponds look suitably........wet ;-) well done.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chris - amazing what a few coats of the old Humbrol gloss varnish can achieve these days!

      Delete
  6. Great looking terrain additions, Carlo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Peter and apologies for my tardy reply.

      Delete